The latest issue of the Subscriptions Strategy newsletter looks at ‘web journeys’ and paywalls — in short, how a good website works to bring in money.
One website we examine cuts the web journey from home page to order page in two clicks.
Our website winner has reduced the web journey from home page to order page in just one click. Can’t get better than that. But what do we mean by one and two clicks? Surely almost every website has an order or subscribe button on the home page?
Maybe, but that is nothing to do with an effective web journey.
What is an effective web journey?
Let us define an effective web journey: the web journey should be like a Disneyland ride. The ride only goes to one place: the Disney shop. If you have been to Disneyland you’ll know what I mean: you queue and enter the ride through a gate and exit the ride through a Disney shop.
There is no way you can avoid that shop. Everyone from that ride just pours into it.
A web journey should not be a train ride
They shouldn’t be, but most web journeys are like a train ride. They have lots of stations along the way. You can get out at a station and wander around all day. Get lost for a while..
Creating a Disneyland website ride
The techniques our top websites employ are like the Disneyland ride and are really easy to copy.
In truth, the websites are really simple. But simplifying is not a simple task, otherwise everyone would be doing it. To prove the point we listed a few competing websites that have no web journey to a purchase page.
Subscriptions Strategy web journey and paywall issue
This issue covers:
- Improving â€˜web journeysâ€™ and processes
- Which paywalls are working?
- Constructing SEO lite pages
- Whatâ€™s special about our two websites?
- Keywording your website
- The two principles of business
- The three principles of website design
- The four principles of direct marketing
- The five principles of marketing management
- 15 rules for writing for the web
- What you need to know about your customer
h2. Subscriptions marketing: confidential information for sale
The Subscriptions Strategy newsletter publishes international case studies of â€˜best practiceâ€™ marketing for the Internet, websites, newsletters, books and magazines etc.
As publishers ourselves, we live or die by results. If a promotion doesn’t work, we lose money. If it works we record the results and use it on our own, and our clientsâ€™ websites and publications.
Every issue of the Subscriptions Strategy newsletter carries examples of successful marketing.
How you benefit by removing risk
As far as we are concerned, our testing means the difficult and costly part is over. As far as you are concerned, you can benefit from this tried and tested knowledge because the risk of failure has been removed and profitability is assured.
You will also find Subscriptions Strategy a great resource for training staff in all aspects of subscriptions marketing.
Please click on the link below for instant access to your subscriptions marketing starter pack. You receive:
1. 20% off the full price of an annual 6-issue subscription to the digital edition of the Subscriptions Strategy newsletter (a saving of Â£40)
2. Subscription Marketing Workbook worth Â£33: 15 Subscriptions Marketing Innovations Every Publisher Should Know
3. Subscriptions marketing ‘rapid update’: three special Subscriptions Strategy reports worth a total of Â£99 to bring you up to date with best practice marketing procedures for online and traditional subscription marketing
You pay just Â£157, a total saving of Â£211. If the material does not come up to expectations, email, write or phone for a full refund. This guarantee is valid for the lifetime of your subscription and can be exercised at any time.