The information on this website is free. We have three levels of information we give out, and this website information is included in the first category below:
- 1. Public domain: free of charge information on subscriptions and Internet marketing
- 2. Inside intel: subscriptions reports and newsletters on what’s working now, from Â£197
- 3. Creative consultancy: increasing sales and profits for clients, subscriptions and Internet copywriting and strategic advice, charged by the day
I will give you an idea of the information we provide. I have just come across a renewal form from AARP – that’s the American Association of Retired People. At first look the AARP appears to break a forbidden rule when marketing renewals:
‘Never offer a discount within your subscriptions renewal series’
Here is the AARP’s headline from their renewal letter:
‘Special Offer – Reduced rates when you renew today’
But what the AARP marketers are doing is very clever – signing up 5 and 3 year memberships as well as the standard one year membership. How do they do this without breaking the golden rule?
Well, I don’t post this kind of creative marketing information on the website because it falls into the ‘subscriptions reports and newsletter’ paid-for information category.
Or if you would like me to do some copywriting to adapt the tactic to bring in multiple-year subscriptions for your website, portal or publication, that would come under the ‘subscription renewals consultancy’ category, paid by the day (or half day). That kind of creative work costs more because your publishing company makes lots more publishing profits. And you can’t get that for free.
But on this occasion, I will break my own ‘golden rule’ and send you a scan of this excellent piece of creative subscriptions renewal work. Contact me to get your pdf at:
There is no obligation. I will leave any follow-up to you.
The AARP is one of the largest membership organizations in the United States with more than 40 million members. The AARP’s marketing budget is also one of the largest in the USA and their subscriptions renewal methods are exhaustively tested before rolling out to their general membership.
Subscriptions marketing: confidential information for sale, with four special reports free of charge
The Subscriptions Strategy newsletter publishes international case studies of â€˜best practiceâ€™ marketing for the Internet, websites, newsletters, books and magazines etc.
As publishers ourselves, we live or die by results. If a promotion doesn’t work, we lose money. If it works we record the results and use it on our own, and our clientsâ€™ websites and publications.
Every issue of the Subscriptions Strategy newsletter carries examples of successful marketing.
How you benefit by removing risk
As far as we are concerned, our testing means the difficult and costly part is over. As far as you are concerned, you can benefit from this tried and tested knowledge because the risk of failure has been removed and profitability is assured.
You will also find Subscriptions Strategy a great resource for training staff in all aspects of subscriptions marketing.
Please click on the link below for instant access to your subscriptions marketing starter pack. You receive:
1. 20% off the full price of an annual 6-issue subscription to the digital edition of the Subscriptions Strategy newsletter (a saving of Â£40)
2. Subscription Marketing Workbook worth Â£33: 15 Subscriptions Marketing Innovations Every Publisher Should Know
3. Subscriptions marketing ‘rapid update’: three special Subscriptions Strategy reports worth a total of Â£99 to bring you up to date with best practice marketing procedures for online and traditional subscription marketing
You pay just Â£157, a total saving of Â£211. If the material does not come up to expectations, email, write or phone for a full refund. This guarantee is valid for the lifetime of your subscription and can be exercised at any time.