This issue, free with your subscription to the Subscriptions Strategy newsletter, is all about subscriber retention. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to keep subscribers past their first year.
The research we quote reveals publishers are hiding short-term subscribers among the loyal, long-term ones. Average renewal figures are usually overstated and disguise some highly volatile customers: on average, 46% of new subscribers lapse in the first year.
Subscriber retention made simple Whatever kind of website you publish, we show how to identify, turnaround and retain those difficult-to-keep single-purchase customers, reduce churn and lift your annual income.
- Why 46% of new subscribers lapse
- Which subscription promotions you should avoid
- Where your marketing should focus
- In-magazine promotions â€“ a long-term problem
- Why you canâ€™t rely on direct debit â€˜inertiaâ€™
- What exactly is â€˜marketingâ€™?
- How to get your subscriber past that critical first year
- Magazine revenue lost since 2006
- How to engage your readers with marketing
- Why your magazine is just not enough
- How to capture more customer data
- If itâ€™s measured itâ€™s managed
- How to build memberships
- Retaining â€˜unsubscribesâ€™
Subscriptions marketing: confidential information for sale
The Subscriptions Strategy newsletter publishes international case studies of â€˜best practiceâ€™ marketing for the Internet, websites, newsletters, books and magazines etc.
As publishers ourselves, we live or die by results. If a promotion doesn’t work, we lose money. If it works we record the results and use it on our own, and our clientsâ€™ websites and publications.
Every issue of the Subscriptions Strategy newsletter carries examples of successful marketing.
How you benefit by removing risk
As far as we are concerned, our testing means the difficult and costly part is over. As far as you are concerned, you can benefit from this tried and tested knowledge because the risk of failure has been removed and profitability is assured.
You will also find Subscriptions Strategy a great resource for training staff in all aspects of subscriptions marketing.
Please click on the link below for instant access to your subscriptions marketing starter pack. You receive:
1. 20% off the full price of an annual 6-issue subscription to the digital edition of the Subscriptions Strategy newsletter (a saving of Â£40)
2. Subscription Marketing Workbook worth Â£33: 15 Subscriptions Marketing Innovations Every Publisher Should Know
3. Subscriptions marketing ‘rapid update’: three special Subscriptions Strategy reports worth a total of Â£99 to bring you up to date with best practice marketing procedures for online and traditional subscription marketing
You pay just Â£157, a total saving of Â£211. If the material does not come up to expectations, email, write or phone for a full refund. This guarantee is valid for the lifetime of your subscription and can be exercised at any time.