How important are internal communications?
How well do you communicate with other departments in your organisation? I’m not talking about social communications, but discussing your departmental business.
Do you, like so many, keep what and how you do it a closely guarded secret?
Hereâ€™s a tip — and it will be very important to your personal position over these recession years.
Let everyone in your company know how well you are doing. Let them know how much money your team brings in.
You can do this with:
- Big wall charts for all to see
- Monthly performance memos
- Trading statements: pull out and show marketing income and outgoings
Marketing is a profit centre not a cost. Itâ€™s the engine that drives the whole show. Donâ€™t let anyone tell you otherwise. Publish your marketing income and outgoings: show the revenue you generate.
Sell yourself to your colleagues and bosses.
Sell your benefits.
You’ll be talking the one language everyone, especially your boss, loves to hear: revenue. And it’s the revenue makers that will survive the toughest times.
Subscriptions marketing: confidential information for sale
The Subscriptions Strategy newsletter publishes international case studies of â€˜best practiceâ€™ marketing for the Internet, websites, newsletters, books and magazines etc.
As publishers ourselves, we live or die by results. If a promotion doesn’t work, we lose money. If it works we record the results and use it on our own, and our clientsâ€™ websites and publications.
Every issue of the Subscriptions Strategy newsletter carries examples of successful marketing.
How you benefit by removing risk
As far as we are concerned, our testing means the difficult and costly part is over. As far as you are concerned, you can benefit from this tried and tested knowledge because the risk of failure has been removed and profitability is assured.
You will also find Subscriptions Strategy a great resource for training staff in all aspects of subscriptions marketing.
Please click on the link below for instant access to your subscriptions marketing starter pack. You receive:
1. 20% off the full price of an annual 6-issue subscription to the digital edition of the Subscriptions Strategy newsletter (a saving of Â£40)
2. Subscription Marketing Workbook worth Â£33: 15 Subscriptions Marketing Innovations Every Publisher Should Know
3. Subscriptions marketing ‘rapid update’: three special Subscriptions Strategy reports worth a total of Â£99 to bring you up to date with best practice marketing procedures for online and traditional subscription marketing
You pay just Â£157, a total saving of Â£211. If the material does not come up to expectations, email, write or phone for a full refund. This guarantee is valid for the lifetime of your subscription and can be exercised at any time.