Direct marketing doesnâ€™t change. The internet has changed the speed and ease with which things happen, but not the principles and rules that govern the process:
- Directories become search engines
- Direct mail packs become email marketing messages and website home pages
- Order forms become landing pages
- Mailing houses become auto-responders
- Loose inserts become email capture boxes
- Advertisements become inbound links
- Leaflets become email web form templates
- Renewal series become continuous payment orders
What about the costs of direct marketing?
Some might say: “But the cost of sending out mail has dropped!”, which is true – but only means something to those who don’t understand profit.
Yes, emails are cheaper to transmit than direct mail, but the response and the Return on Investment, which drives all your businesses growth and profit, is around ten times less.
Accelerated direct marketing
What has really changed for the better is that the internet offers ‘accelerated marketing’ — all the processes, the testing, the despatch, the results, all the information you need to make informed choices, is returned to you within hours.
Subscriptions Strategy Ltd
Subscriptions copywriting and marketing: confidential information for sale, with four special reports free of charge
The Subscriptions Strategy newsletter publishes international case studies of â€˜best practiceâ€™ copywriting and marketing for the Internet, websites, newsletters, books and magazines etc.
As publishers ourselves, we live or die by results. If a promotion doesn’t work, we lose money. If it works we record the results and use it on our own, and our clientsâ€™ websites and publications.
Every issue of the Subscriptions Strategy newsletter carries examples of successful subscriptions and membership marketing.
How you benefit by removing risk
As far as we are concerned, our testing means the difficult and costly part is over. As far as you are concerned, you can benefit from this tried and tested knowledge because the risk of failure has been removed and profitability is assured.
You will also find Subscriptions Strategy a great resource for training staff in all aspects of subscriptions marketing.
Please click on the link below for instant access to your subscriptions marketing starter pack. You receive:
1. 20% off the full price of an annual 6-issue subscription to the digital edition of the Subscriptions Strategy newsletter (a saving of Â£40)
2. Subscription Marketing Workbook worth Â£33: 15 Subscriptions Marketing Innovations Every Publisher Should Know
3. Subscriptions marketing ‘rapid update’: three special Subscriptions Strategy reports worth a total of Â£99 to bring you up to date with best practice marketing procedures for online and traditional subscription marketing
You pay just Â£157, a total saving of Â£211. If the material does not come up to expectations, email, write or phone for a full refund. This guarantee is valid for the lifetime of your subscription and can be exercised at any time.
Subscriptions Strategy Ltd